"I heard a voice from heaven saying, 'Son, let this woman be a bride to you in the restoration of my people. Let her be a mother for these people, regenerating souls through the salvation of spirit and water.'" (Hildegard of Bingen, Scivias)

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Funny Valentines



....that speak to all the different sides of my heart!

Theologians above Fave: Calvin: "You're irresistible!," improved by Amy's clever direction to amplify with a bouquet of TULIPS. Just need some women theologians--will have to see if I can find time to work some up.

Saints from Kelly. Fave: St. Martin: "I'd give you the cloak off my back if I hadn't shared it with a homeless beggar."

In the meantime I found a couple of feminist sets . Faves: "Don't you look riveting" with Rosie, and "If you want to be my lover you've got to get my consent"!

It's cold but beautiful in Michigan today with the sun shining on a light blanket of snow. It's a work day for me with a phone directee and lots of writing, so ComputerGuy's turn for the small/medium grocery stop I am more likely to break work for on weekdays (except for Monday sabbath). Heading out in a few minutes to kickboxing, with stops to drop CG at his folks to fix their computer and Katie at her martial arts class, then reverse on the way home. I love the Saturday teacher, but it's kind of like training in a sauna because it's in the small room and there are more people than the weekday morning classes. Plus the door has to stay closed, unlike the occasional midweek times we might use it, because the 3 and 4 year old "little kickers" are in the main room. Luckily they're adorable, which also helped the time he forgot to give us a water break and my partner and I hoped to sneak some during a target switch. There were five little people lined up--who didn't even need the water, they were just forming good habits--and we knew they'd take a full minute each so just offered it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment