"I heard a voice from heaven saying, 'Son, let this woman be a bride to you in the restoration of my people. Let her be a mother for these people, regenerating souls through the salvation of spirit and water.'" (Hildegard of Bingen, Scivias)

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Black Lives are Sacred Day 22: Lift Every Voice and Sing Again

Busy day finishing my Ignatian homework for tomorrow's class. So feast your eyes and ears on these gorgeous Black princes' stunning a capella take on the informal Black national anthem. I appreciated the inclusivity of "the place for which our parents sighed" in the lovely rendition I posted last week. But "fathers" is perfect here as they serenely defy the white cishet patriarchy which so furiously desires to see them raped in jail and dead in the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment