"I heard a voice from heaven saying, 'Son, let this woman be a bride to you in the restoration of my people. Let her be a mother for these people, regenerating souls through the salvation of spirit and water.'" (Hildegard of Bingen, Scivias)

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Go Cubs!

I'm so sports-unaware that I just knew the Cubbies broke their 108 year winning streak till I saw Awesomely Luvvie's celebratory piece this morning.

Chicago needed this big win, even if just for a morale boost. I’m a Northsider so this is the team I am geographically obligated to support (not the White Sox). But the Tale of Two Cities is real, as one side of the city celebrates this win and the media tells a dreary story about the other side. But that’s another piece for another day.

Anywho, as the true bandwagon fan that I am, I am geeked for my Cubbies!

But as the Petty Queen that I am, I am especially celebrating that the Cleveland Indians lost this. CELEBRATING. Why? Because they are a team that still bears a name of a people, with a caricature of those people as a logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment