"I heard a voice from heaven saying, 'Son, let this woman be a bride to you in the restoration of my people. Let her be a mother for these people, regenerating souls through the salvation of spirit and water.'" (Hildegard of Bingen, Scivias)

Saturday, March 4, 2017

This Joyful Season Day 4: Ashes





Joyfully rediscovered college friend in front of the California Mission chapel where we sang, played guitar, and prayed for countless hours of ministerial and classical music alike. The drive toward last week's six hour faithsharing lunch was so affirming and healing that I clearly discerned the call to give up the abusive marriage for Lent by the time I arrived, and calmly and kindly informed TechEx that Katie and I would be moving back to the Midwest when I got home. And the Ash Wednesday breakfast and first mass together in 20 years was an heart opening and deepening for us both.



That night's dinner with TechEx after a tech support/kitchen research shopping outing (I am leaving him all the pots and looking for the perfect moderately priced set, plus a wok for the maiden, to love myself and create our new life). It was miraculously hilarious and virtually conflict free--clear fruits of the discernment of how to take the last step in faithfully living my vows and release myself from the agonizing impossible duty of calling him to repentance and renewal of the ones he has so totally shattered and shat upon.



No comments:

Post a Comment