Bathsheba & Joseph

 Full post at companion blog: 

A Broken Hallelujah: Wrestling with Christian Rape Culture.”

“Verse 1His royal power shatterproof, he saw me bathing from his roof, & sent his soldiers out to drag me to him;

        He grabbed my hair, then forced me down, with arrogance fueled by his crown; slew my beloved, locked me in his harem.

       God was shrieking in my shrieking; God was weeping in my weeping.

    This song flowed from my heart & soul in one passionate afternoon, prophetically exposing the core theological source of Christian rape culture: profoundly selfish & foolish misinterpretation of Scripture. 

The saving truth of God's Word is itself violated, poisoning the fountain of life connecting us with the radical empowering love of God with the deadly lies of the Evil One. 

He has been ultimately conquered by Jesus crucified, suffering with us--stripped, shamed and sexually abused---and risen in glory with wounds become radiant sources of healing. But that liberation & victory are only partial in this world.“

https://catholicrapeculture.blogspot.com/2022/10/bathsheba-joseph.html?m=1

Comments