A Child's Calling

My brilliant Katie Rose wrote this poem in honor of her sister several years ago in response to the traumatizing, spiritually bankrupt one which several well-meaning people sent after our precious Rachel Marie was shattered like a vase of precious perfume and gathered lovingly into the arms of Mother God who rages and weeps with us every rime a child is slaughtered by the evil of the world.

I have a little child for you to care for and protect
She will be quite wonderful, your own and much blest
Will you make sure this little girl is cared for in her life?
I know not when she’ll be taken from you with much pain and strife

“We will do as you ask, Dear God, but only hope that you”
“Do not call her away from us to soon – we love her, that’s true!”
“But leave her with us for a long time, and then you may take her away”
“Please let her stay with us as long as she may”

Oh my children, please understand this – I will not take her away
That is the job of Satan, a horrible one I say
He whispers to people, telling them lies and to do dangerous things
And eventually, if they give in, the death toll shall ring

But sometimes if someone is old and sick and in a lot of pain
And lived a happy, long life – then I will call them away
But while they are young and bright, no, that’s not my decision
I preach against Satan’s lies, and weep when people don’t listen

“Ah, we are glad to hear that you are not a cruel God”
“That steals children away before they’ve had their lot”
“We will take care of this girl and love her to the end”
“And be glad that the child’s calling doesn’t come from Heaven.”

Comments